Wednesday, October 18, 2006

31 Days of Halloween - Day 18



I don't usually decorate the outside of the house until Halloween day, preferring that everything magically appear before the trick-or-treaters arrive. I don't want them to get used to seeing things during the safety of day light before the big event.

I did make these paper nosferatu for our main front window though. They have red cellophane taped behind eye holes, so that the interior lights make them glow. For the rest of them, I just painted some left over wrapping paper black and then added white faces and hands. I'm toying with adding a third if I have time.

I don't know how scary they are, but I can tell you that none of the neighborhood children have stopped by since I put them up.


For more paper window fun, check out this Halloween themed illustration that my son made for his own window. Be sure to leave him a comment, as he worked hard on this and wants to know what people think.

1 comment:

Kirk D. said...

Those are great!
Makes me want to make more of my own Halloween decorations instead of just buying stuff.