Sunday, October 22, 2006

31 Days of Halloween - Day 22



Once you've carved your jack o'lantern, you need to roast those seeds for one of my favorite treats. I usually just wash the seeds, throw them on a cookie sheet with some oil and salt, then cook them at 350º for about 20 minutes. It's not an exact science.

Here's a pumpkin seed recipe I haven't tried, but maybe you will.

Pre-heat oven to 350º.

Place 4 cups fresh pumpkin seeds, 4 cups water, and 2 teaspoons salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil for 15 minutes.

Drain seeds, blot dry, and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a nonstick baking pan; roast until lightly golden and crisp -- about 30 minutes.

Makes 3 cups.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never tried it with oil or butter (as I've been seeing in all the recipes I've looked up). Think I'm gonna try that this year.