Wednesday, October 31, 2007

31 Days of Halloween - Day 31 - Spooky Bonus 1




Traditionally, I don't put up any of my outdoor decorations until Halloween day, after all of the neighborhood kids have gone off to school. This year is no exception. If you're interested to see what I've got in store for the trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood, check back late tonight.

In the meantime, here are a couple of other houses about town that caught my fancy. I was hoping to photograph more, but haven't had the time. The top house has a giant spider and its web, along with a skeleton of the spider's victim, positioned by the front door.






The house on the bottom here is seen as a work in progress, and it's mighty impressive even at this stage. This is pretty close to what I'd imagined I was going to do this year, at the end of last Halloween. Needless to say, I didn't even make a start at realizing this dream, so I get to enjoy it vicariously through this house. This house actually belongs to my daughter's 3rd grade teacher and her husband. They open up their yard for three evenings leading through Halloween. We went tonight, and the finished attraction is incredible. I'll post more pictures later in the day.

No comments: