Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dwayne McDuffie (1962-2011)



I apologize for my extended absence here. After a week of vacation I returned to move to a new house,  a process I'm still in the middle of, and then on Tuesday I received a phone call to inform me that Dwayne McDuffie, one of my longest and closest friends died from complications that arose during surgery.

The news has hit me particularly hard, and while he deserves a fitting memorial post from me, I'm in no way ready to write one now. There are many, many testimonials to him on the internet now. Just google his name. It's a shame he has no way to see them himself. All I know is that I'm feeling a profound void in his absence and can't believe he is gone.

2 comments:

Michael May said...

Though I didn't know him personally, I've been very affected by his death because of the impact his work (Milestone especially) had on me. I can't imagine what it's like for someone who knew him. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I knew him, he tolerated my fan girlish questions on his site and I enjoyed his work immensely.