Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Secret Origin Revealed


For those of you who don't know the story of how I broke into comics, Brian Cronin retells the tale over at Comic Book Resources. I can confirm that the proposal of mine in question never did end up seeing print, though it was well received. It was for a Union Jack miniseries or one-shot (I don't recall exactly) , and the combination of what was viewed as an unknown quantity in terms of character popularity and the fact that I'd not yet proved that I could actually write anything hampered its chances of being published at the time. Instead I was assigned to come up with a bunch of humorous filler for various issues of "What If...?" Brian also cruelly shares some of these pieces in his article.

There's also much more interesting material about the Watchmen and an unbelievable yet true tale about one figure in the Australian comic book industry which is pretty stunning.

1 comment:

Robert Pope said...

Actually, Franklin Richards would have made a pretty cool Thor; you know, with that near-omnipotence (vast psionic power AND an Uru hammer!) Yeah, I'm a geek.